Thursday, August 11, 2005

WTF did it go?

I've been searching for ages (well the last 1 hour anyway) for materials for my presentation project thingy on the NKF saga. It seems I can't find Mrs Goh Chok Tong (aka Ms Tan Choon Leng)'s actual peanut quote from either CNA or Asiaone (STI). The latter is understandable due to the stupid STI locking people out unless they are paid suscribers. However, it would seem that the really useless party managed to list the source of the newspaper. But why can't I locate it online? And why doesn't CNA carry the article? Tmd. Stupid media censorship. But on a bright side, there are other articles online with that elusive quote: "For a person who runs a million-dollar charitable organisation, S$600,000 is peanuts as [NKF] has a few hundred millions in reserves," Mrs Goh said Though I can't seem to google it with STI and the quote. If anyone who reads my blog manages to get a hold of it, let me know, else I'll pass it off as part of the censorship thingy in my presentation. Lastly, I stumbled upon some really good political jokes while doing a peanuts search. It's old but *shrug* worth a laugh. excerpt: Ho Ching was reading a nursery story to her children when she came across a word she didn't know. So she turned to her husband Deputy Prime Minister Brigadier General Lee Hsien Loong, "Honey, what's 'general-lie-zei-shun' mean?" Her husband replied: "It's when you get promoted from Cadet to General in an unbelievably short time." You may not get the joke though :D Cheers~

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh well, i really didnt get the joke.

8/11/2005 11:28:00 PM  
Blogger callandor said...

i should have used the more easier to understand one then :p

tomorrow's post! stay tuned for more political jokes!

8/12/2005 03:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home