Saturday, August 06, 2005

Butter Chicken to Rendang Chicken

So I asked Karina for the method of cooking her wonderful butter chicken during lecture one day, and was abit disappointed to hear that she used those pastes thingy. Cheh, I thought she made from scratch. Haha. So anyway, since we had some chicken leftover from the lasagna that I made last Sunday, and since Auntie Lina is flying back on this Sunday (which means no more meat. Argh.), I decided to cook some butter chicken. I went to Woolys (Woolworths, think NTUC kind) and bought the paste. Not too sure which one as there were 2 butter chicken pastes, I bought the Maggi brand. I followed Karina's recipe and fried some onions...

After which I diced the remaining 3 chicken fillets. Then I threw in all the cubes of chicken and cooked them till they are cooked. And then threw in the powder and some water and then let it simmer. However, the chicken didn't turn out like what Karina's butter chicken looked like. Then I realised I had screwed up by adding too much cream. So I let the cream simmer and simmer....

Until it became really thick, so instead of butter chicken...

I got rendang chicken.

o.O

T_T (durai)

Ah well, it tasted really nice. I only regret got no yellow (pineapple) rice. Here's the final picture, with some cut up french toast and cheese sausages. (MELTED YUMMY CHEESE)

Belle said that I look like a houseman (husband, maid etc). Errrr. Cannot say I look like a chef meh. Tmd. Bleah. I cook the cheese sausage cos you said you want leh! Sad. Ah well, this blog is turning into a houseman's blog. Soon you'll see me doing nothing but cleaning the house everyday, sitting at the couch waiting to fetch my wife's slippers. Weeee. Cheers~ (*burp*)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh kor! hahaha. i miss u lar. next time come back we cook carbona together!!! hahahaa. too bad got no oven. or not can cook lasagna man. hahahaha. i have a fren who cooks super good lasagna. but fattening lar. alot of cheese man. hahahahaa. i love mature cheddar!!! but i dun really like the smell. so smelly. HEHEH.

lova ya kor.

corde

8/07/2005 10:17:00 PM  
Blogger callandor said...

hello mei...

go home i make nice nice food ya?

Love,
kor

8/08/2005 09:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home