Thursday, July 28, 2005

Welcome to The Ego Cook blog

My thursday attempt at making Lasagna went...semi well. It shows that yes, I can do it, but I need more practice (First time cooking this...lucky this is not the one I am bring for the potluck (Or the Internation Re-union Black Tie Optional Gathering as proclaimed by Karina) party. So without further ado... pics from my first attempt at Lasagna baking... here's the pasta cooking and the cheese filling. I forgot to take a pic of the meat. I used a pasta sauce cause seriously if I have the time I'll make the sauce also. I just used some tomato paste sauce. I would prefer to make my own but... i forgot to buy tomatoes yesterday. zzz After this I layered the baking tray with the pasta strips and added sauce, cheese and stuff.. Following which I baked the stuff for 40 mins (BIG MISTAKE)... I'll bake 30mins next time and make sure I use aluminium foil to cover (which I couldn't find...but I had it. Tmd. I looked every drawer but the first drawer. Crap. So what happened was the first layer of the pasta became really hard. The idea is to have the foil trap the moisture inside and prevent the first layer from overcooking. I'll dilute the sauce abit so it will turn out to be more wet. There was a lack of sauce cos it all evapourated even when I used half a bottle. But discounting the first layer, the inside layer was still soft and nice. I'll try again tomorrow. Here's the slightly hard first layer lasagna and Belle being nice by saying it's nice. YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO EAT IT MUAHAHAHA. Round 2 tomorrow. If I can get it right, saturday should be a breeze. This is fun man. I'm gonna master roti prata next... :D Edit: next time must align pics and mid or get horrible formatting. tmd. stupid blogger html. also forgot to end with.. Cheers~

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha YoUUU ROCK! but I rock more. :P Bc i can cook gong bao ji ding!

7/28/2005 10:19:00 PM  
Blogger callandor said...

hey thanks for dropping by. and thanks for the food compliment :)

7/28/2005 10:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the unbaked lasagna looks kinda appetising to me

7/28/2005 11:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u'll get to eat it on saturday... hopefully it's better :D

7/29/2005 02:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home